Series E4 Joetsu Shinkansen MAX Bullet Train - 4 Cars Add-On Set - Kato 10-293
- Four (4) cars Add-On set
- Excellent quality and performance
- White and blue color with yellow stripe
- Very detailed design and wonderful craftsmanship
- Comes with padded Case to store full 8 cars set (Kato 10-292 + 10-293)
- Car 1: Type E455-123 Coach
- Car 2: Type E456-123 Coach
- Car 3: Type E458-23 Coach
- Car 4: Type E446-23 Coach
- Scale: N
- the set does not include a powered car
- Powered set Kato 10-292
for this Add-On available here
- Special Order Item - Due to very limited stock (sold out from manufacturer) we must confirm product availability to insure order can be processed. If item is not available we will issue a full refund. If available, item will ship within 10-15 days.
View More Pictures
Additional set information:
The E4 Series Shinkansen were the second series of bi-level Shinkansen high-speed trainsets to be built in Japan (the other being the
E1 Series). They operate on the Tohoku, Joetsu and Hokuriku Shinkansen. E4 trains feature double-decker cars to accommodate additional
commuter traffic around Tokyo and other urban areas.
- Each car bears a precisely printed car number.
- Interior lighting for the cars is optional with Kato
11-206 (bulbs) - or - Kato
(white LED) lighting kits (separate purchase required).
Two eight-car sets can be coupled together for extra capacity: the sixteen-car E4 trainset is the highest-capacity high speed rail
trainset in the world, carrying a total of 1,634 passengers. A total of 26 units were built between 1997 and 2003. As with the earlier
E1 series trains, maximum speed is 240 kmh.