JR Series 500 Shinkansen Bullet Train "Nozomi" - 4 Cars Add-On Set (B) - Tomix 92308
- Four (4) cars set Add-On Set (B)
- Excellent quality and performance
- Very detailed design and great craftsmanship
- Comes with padded case to store the cars
- Silver Color with gray and blue bands
- Car 1: Type 527 Coach
- Car 2: Type 527-400 Coach
- Car 3: Type 518 Coach
- Car 4: Type 515 Coach
- Length = 158mm (each car)
- the set does not include a powered car
- Scale: N
- Powered set Tomix 92306
for this Add-On available here
View More Pictures
The Series 500 Nozomi is the fastest train service running on the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen line. Along the stretch
between Shin-Kobe and Hakata, Nozomi services using 500 series equipment reach speeds of 300 kmh (186 mph). A trip
between Tokyo and Osaka, a distance of 515 kilometers, takes only 2.5 hours on the Nozomi.
The Series 500 Shinkansen and 700 Series Shinkansen are presently used for Nozomi services. The English
translation of the train name "Nozomi" is "hope." Radically sloped nose of pilot cars allows train
to operate at speeds up to 300 kmh (186 mph). Runs between Tokyo and Hakata, in the eastern city of Fukuoka.
Typically it is setup in 4 to 16 cars configuration (one pilot car at each end and fourteen passenger cars).