Series 500 Shinkansen Starter Set with 4 cars, Oval Track set, and Power Pack - Kato 10-003
- Excellent quality and performance
- Very detailed design and wonderful craftsmanship
- Kato Train Set (cars #1, #10, #13, #16)
- Car 1: Type 521-3 Coach (#1), Car 2: Type 516-3 Coach (#10, powered-motor)
- Car 3: Type 525-6 Coach (#13), Car 4: Type 522-3 Coach (#16)
- Unitrack Oval Track Set - approximate size 4'2" x 2'2" (1337 x 677mm)
- 4x Straight Track 248mm (S248), 1x Straight Track 124mm (S124)
- 1x Feeder Track 62mm (S62F), 1x Straight Track 62mm (S62)
- 1x Road Crossing Track 124mm (S124C)
- 8x Radius 45º Curve Track 315mm (R315-35)
- 1 x Rerailer, 1 x Adapter Cord
- Kato Power Pack [with Japanese characters, 12 Volt DC @ 1.5 Amp, works in US]
- Power specifications same as Kato 22-014 (but with Japanese characters)
- Scale: N
- Due to the larger box size, item must be shipped by itself and cannot be combined with others items.
- Add-On Set Kato 10-511
for this train available here
View More Pictures
All-in-one and ready-to-start set. The popular Shinkansen Bullet Train Series 500 "Nozomi" 4-car set, powered
and is packaged together with oval track set and POWER pack controller.
Voltage Transformers - Important NOTE
- European and Australian customers - Must use a Step-Down voltage transformer (purchased separately) that converts 240 Volts to 100 Volts in order to use this controller.
Additional set information:
The Series 500 Nozomi is the fastest train service running on the To-kaido-/Sanyo- Shinkansen. Along the stretch
between Shin-Kobe and Hakata, Nozomi services using 500 series equipment reach speeds of 300 kmh (186 mph). A trip
between Tokyo and Osaka, a distance of 515 kilometers, takes only 2.5 hours on the Nozomi.
- Add-On Set Kato 10-511
for this Starter Set available here
- Each car bears a precisely printed car number.
- Pilot cars have two operating headlights.
- Interior lighting for the cars is optional with Kato
11-206 (bulbs) - or - Kato
(white LED) lighting kits (separate purchase required).
The Series 500 Shinkansen and 700 Series Shinkansen are presently used for Nozomi services. The N700 Series
Shinkansen, currently under testing, is scheduled to be introduced on Nozomi services starting in the summer
of 2007. It is projected by 2009 that all through Nozomi services (i.e. Tokyo-Hakata) will be operated exclusively
by N700 trains.
The English translation of the train name "Nozomi" is "hope." Radically sloped nose of pilot cars allows train
to operate at speeds up to 300 kmh (186 mph). Runs between Tokyo and Hakata, in the eastern city of Fukuoka.
Typically it is setup in 4 to 16 cars configuration (one pilot car at each end and fourteen passenger cars).