JR Series 400 Shinkansen Yamagata "Tsubasa" (New Color) 7 Cars Set - Tomix 92733
- Seven (7) cars set Bullet Train
- Excellent quality and performance
- Exquisite craftsmanship with details and realistic design
- Sleek bullet train with very detailed design and excellent craftsmanship
- Comes with padded Case to store the set
- With two (2) pantographs
- Working head and tail lights (Car 1 & Car 7)
- Lights change in direction of travel
- Car 1: Type 411 Coach (powered-motor)
- Car 2: Type 426-200 Coach
- Car 3: Type 425 Coach
- Car 4: Type 426 Coach
- Car 5: Type 429 Coach
- Car 6: Type 425-200 Coach
- Car 7: Type 422 Coach
- Scale: N
- Equipped with a coupler (with cover) - Car 1
- Special Order Item - Due to very limited stock we will need to confirm product
availability to insure order can be processed. If item is not available we will issue a full refund.
If available, item will ship within 7-14 days.
View More Pictures
The 400 Series Shinkansen trainsets were introduced in 1992 for Japan's newest Shinkansen high-speed rail line at the
time, the Yamagata Shinkansen branch from the main Tohoku Shinkansen. They are collectively called the
'mini Shinkansen', since they feature large portions that were not newly purpose built Shinkansen lines but rather
existing lines regauged to standard gauge and upgraded, to provide a cheaper solution than a massively expensive
dedicated Shinkansen line built from scratch.
Clearances are much reduced compared to previous Shinkansen lines, and thus the 400 series units are much narrower
than previous Shinkansen trains. Seat pitch is also reduced in the non-reserved cars.
Styling wise, the 400 series is another to have an aircraft-style nose with a pointed nosecone, though lower
than 0/100/200 Series. Originally they were painted a medium silver grey with a darker roof and area around the cab
windows and underframe, but they were refurbished and repainted between 1999 and 2001, with a higher area of dark
bluish-grey on the underside, coming up almost to the side windows, and separated from the silver grey with a
green stripe. The dark grey on the roof and around the cab windows is gone.