- Four (4) cars Add-On set JR Inspection Cars Type 923 Shinkansen (Doctor Yellow)
- Unique and original train set
- Comes with hard padded Case to store full 7 cars set (Tomix 92429 + 92430)
- Very detailed design and wonderful craftsmanship
- Lemon yellow color with dark blue stripes
- Car 1: Type 923 3
- Car 2: Type 923 4
- Car 3: Type 923 5
- Car 4: Type 923 6
- the set does not include a powered car
- Scale: N
- Powered set Tomix 92429
for this Add-On available here
View More Pictures
Doctor Yellow is the nickname for the high-speed test trains that are used on the Japanese Shinkansen. The trains have special equipment on board to test the condition of the track and overhead wire, including special instrumented trucks and observation blisters.
The 'Doctor' part of the name is obvious from their test and diagnostic function, and the 'Yellow' part comes from the bright yellow color they are all painted. Some have a blue waistline stripe, some a green one. In build and appearance, they are very similar to production, passenger carrying Shinkansen trains, and they are capable of the same tremendous speeds; testing is often carried out at very high speed. Test runs are normally carried out at night, when service trains do not run, in order to minimize disruptions in service.