- Excellent quality and performance with detailed design and nice craftsmanship
- Kato Train Set (Flywheel drive, DCC friendly)
Car 1: Type KUHA E230-5058, Car 2: Type MOHA E231-1558 (motor), Car 3: Type SARO E230-1058, Car 4: Type KUHA E231-85172
- Unitrack Oval Track Set - approximate size 4'5" x 2'2" (1337 x 677mm)
4x Straight Track 248mm (S248), 1x Straight Track 124mm (S124)
1x Feeder Track 62mm (S62F), 1x Straight Track 62mm (S62)
1x Road Crossing Track 124mm (S124C)
8x Radius 45º Curve Track 315mm (R315-35)
1x Rerailer, 1x Adapter Cord
- Kato Power Pack [with Japanese characters, 12 Volt DC @ 1.5 Amp, works in US 100-110 volts]
(Australia/Europe users = need voltage transformer - see NOTE below)
Power specifications same as Kato 22-014 (but with Japanese characters)
- Scale: N
- Due to the larger box size, item must be shipped by itself and cannot be combined with others items.
View More Pictures
Voltage Transformers - Important NOTE
- European and Australian customers - Must use a Step-Down voltage transformer (purchased separately) that converts 240 Volts to 100 Volts in order
to use this controller. Check with electrical supply store for correct specifications.
The Series E231 Electric Train in Shonan-Shinjuku-Line Color (operated by JR East) is one of the most popular suburban commuter trains in the Tokyo metropolitan area. The Shonan-Shinjuku Line is not actually a distinct railway line, but rather a 78 km composite line formed by portions of the Ryomo Line, Takasaki Line, Utsunomiya Line, Yamanote Freight Line, Yokosuka Line, and Tokaido Main Line.
The train is marked with an orange-over-green stripe regardless of which line it operates on. Top speed of the train is 120 kph.
Additional set information:
- Interior lighting for the passenger cars is optional with Kato
11-206 (bulbs) - or - Kato
(white LED) lighting kits (separate purchase required).