- JR Series E351 Limited Express - Super Azusa - 8 Cars Train Set
- Equipped with Pendulum mechanism which inclines the model train when it runs on a curve
- Comes with padded Case to store the set
- Very detailed design and wonderful craftsmanship, with intricate undercarriage coach car details
- Faithfully reproduces the passenger cars and the coupling mechanisms between the cars.
- Working head and tail lights (Car 1 & Car 8)
- Equipped with two (2) pantographs
- Car 1: Type KUHA E351-104 Passenger Car
- Car 2: Type MOHA E351-8 Passenger Car
- Car 3: Type SAHA E350-104 Passenger Car (powered-motor)
- Car 4: Type SAHA E351-4 Passenger Car
- Car 5: Type SARO E351-4 Passenger Car
- Car 6: Type MOHA E351-104 Passenger Car
- Car 7: Type MOHA E350-8 Passenger Car
- Car 8: Type KUHA E351-4 Passenger Car
- Scale: N
- Explanation of Japanese passenger car numbers/symbols available here.
- Special Order Item - Due to very limited stock (sold out from manufacturer) we must confirm product availability to insure order can be processed. If item is not available we will issue a full refund. If available, item will ship within 10-15 days.
View More Pictures
Additional set information:
The Series E351 is a JR train newly put in operation as "Super Azusa." This new train replaces its predecessors Series 183 and 189, used as Express "Azusa" on the Chuo mainline. The "Super Azusa" made its debut in 1993.
- Pilot cars have operating headlights.
- Interior lighting for the cars is optional with Kato
11-206 (bulbs) - or - Kato
(white LED) lighting kits (separate purchase required).
With respect to function, the "Super Azusa" was the first to employ the "controlled natural pendulum" system while running the many curves of the Chuo mainline between Shinjuku in Tokyo and Matsumoto in Nagano, traveling the full route in 2 hours and 28 minutes at the fastest.