BR 175 DR Epoch IV Super-Express Diesel Train (Add-On Set) - Kato 73709
- Two (2) cars set, class German Deutsche Bundesbahn DB AG in red and beige livery
- Very limited edition
- Design reproduces faithfully the details of the train
- Great craftsmanship with very realistic and intricate details
- Car 1: Type VMe
- Car 2: Type VMe
- the set does not include a powered car
- Scale: N
- Powered super-express diesel train for this add-on
The VT18 appeared in 1963, the old east German Japanese National Railways (the DR). It was an international
high-speed long distance Diesel super-express train. It was mass-produced in 8 different formations.
At the beginning of its run, the train was operated with only a 4-car formation, but a 2-car formation was added
afterwards which increased it to a 6-car length. The train was in operation as the international super express
which ran between the European cities, Berlin and Copenhagen.