Container Express Train "Takara" - 9 cars set - Kato 10-489
- Nine (9) cars set
- Excellent quality and details
- Exquisite craftsmanship with realistic design
- Set does not include a powered car
- Car Standard Set loaded with containers type 5000 and type 6000
- Car 1: Type Chiki 5000 + Chiki 5008
- Car 2: Type Chiki 5010
- Car 3: Type Chiki 5013
- Car 4: Type Chiki 5016
- Car 5: Type Chiki 5019
- Car 6: Type Chiki 5021
- Car 7: Type Chiki 5024
- Car 8: Type Chiki 5028
- Car 9: Type YO 5006 (Caboose)
- Illuminated Tail Mark "Takara" - Car 9
- Scale: N
- Recommended pulling locomotive
The Container Express Train "Takara" was introduced in 1959 as the first dedicated container freight train
in Japan running between Shiodome, Tokyo and Umeda, Osaka. Operated at that time by the former JNR, the double
traction electric locomotive EH10 (Kato N-scale model item No. 3005-1) was designated to pull 24 Chiki
container freight cars plus 1 caboose Yo 5000 (25 cars total).
All of the Chiki 5000 cars were painted red while the caboose was painted light green. All were dedicated to "Takara".
Moreover, the Yo 5000 caboose was equipped with an illuminated tail marker (illuminated in the N scale model, too).
It was very modern at the time, as most freight trains were only painted black.
Regarding container transports, only 25 of the Chiki 5000 cars were ever produced for the first "Takara." Since 1960,
the Chiki 5500, an improved version equipped with a brake deck, has been mass-produced.